Powering cars, trucks, buses and more with the wind and the sun brings you lower fuel costs and reduced emissions. Check out the benefits of driving electric.
Over 1 million electric vehicles (EVs) have hit the U.S. roads with more than 18 million anticipated to be on the road by 2030. EVs cost less to operate, require less maintenance and produce fewer emissions. Check out all of the benefits, rebates, incentives and rate options below that make owning an EV easier than ever.
EVs are a great choice when considering your next vehicle:
- Drive further. You can travel more than 500 miles in a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) without refueling or charging your vehicle. Battery electric vehicles (BEVs) are achieving more than 300 miles on one charge. And that number continues to grow as technology advances.
- Charge at home. Not only does an EV cost less to operate, you can charge your vehicle in the convenience of your home with your own EV charging station.
- Pay less to operate. On average, it costs half as much to drive an electric vehicle than it does a traditional gas powered vehicle.
- Save money. With less equipment under the hood, a more efficient motor and new technology, EVs require less maintenance, which saves you money.
- Make an environmental impact. When a car runs on electricity, there are no tailpipe emissions. Reducing or eliminating tailpipe emissions allows us to live a cleaner and healthier life.
Electrification At Work
We promote the adoption of electric technologies to help with affordability and reduce emissions, leading to a more sustainable future. We educate our customers about the benefits of going electric and offering incentives to make the switch. Some of our programs include:
- Electric vehicle charger rebate. Install a Level 2 EV charging station at your business and receive a rebate up to $500. Click here for details.
- Electric forklift rebate. Receive up to $1,000 for the purchase of an electric forklift. Click here to download our rebate form.
- Truck refrigeration unit rebate. Onboard truck refrigeration units (TRUs) can plug into the power grid instead of relying solely on an idling diesel engine. Receive up to $1,500 for the purchase of a TRU. Click here to download our rebate form.
Call our Renewable Energy Hotline at 1-800-972-5325 to learn more about the options listed above and many more innovative programs! We are available 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Compressed natural gas, or CNG, is increasingly used in trucking and other transportation fleets as a cleaner alternative to diesel fuel. We supply natural gas as well as clean electricity to compress it, helping reduce carbon emissions from trucks, cars and other vehicles.
Next Up: Community Involvement
Our communities are our foundation. See how we’re helping our neighbors get ready for the future by supporting family stability, economic development and education.