Our communities are our foundation. See how we’re helping our neighbors get ready for the future by supporting family stability, economic development and education.
Alliant Energy invests in industrial parks across Iowa and Wisconsin and actively recruits new businesses to the service area. Alliant Energy controlled–sites include Big Cedar Industrial Center in Cedar Rapids, IA; Prairie View Industrial Center in Ames, IA; Beaver Dam Commerce Park in Beaver Dam, WI and Helgerson Flats Industrial Center in Ottumwa, IA. Additionally, the company promotes Alliant Energy Growth Sites, which are certified shovel-ready sites available for development. Visit our new website to learn more.
Alliant Energy Foundation
We partner with our customers and communities to solve problems, create opportunities and help make life better through our grant and scholarship programs. Through our Community Grants and Hometown Safety Grants, we support nonprofits and community partners in four major categories: helping families, education, the environment and safety initiatives.
- Helping families. We fund community programs that offer families tools for meeting their basic needs and helping them thrive. This includes food pantries, housing support, domestic and child abuse intervention, adult education, afterschool and summer programs.
- Education. We provide grants for programs such as job training, mentoring, public library support, financial literacy and STEM education, which align with our business and help develop the Alliant Energy employees of tomorrow.
- Environment. We provide environmental grants to organizations that seek to educate, inform and advance environmental issues that can potentially impact our communities.
- Safety. We provide funding to local police, fire and ambulance services to put essential life-saving tools into the hands of our communities’ first responders.
A few foundation highlights include:
- One out of every 10 people in Wisconsin doesn’t know where their next meal will come from. The Alliant Energy Foundation gave more than $600,000 to regional food banks last year. The Foundation’s charitable Drive Out Hunger golf event has raised $4 million over the past 13 years, equal to nearly 14.8 million meals served.
- We’re investing in the next generation of farmers and dairy producers through programs such as FFA, 4-H and the Professional Dairy Producers Foundation.
- Alliant Energy cares about keeping girls in STEM fields. We partner with organizations that serve and engage female students because their voices deserve to be heard.
Visit our Foundation website to learn more about how we use our Energy for Good.
The Hometown Care Energy Fund is an Alliant Energy charitable contribution program. Donations to this fund help us offer free, confidential financial help for older individuals, people living with disabilities and families trying to make ends meet. Families may fall behind on their energy bills for many reasons, including unexpected debt and unemployment. Some even have to choose between paying their bills and getting enough to eat — but with your generosity, help is available.
How does the program work?
The Hometown Care Energy Fund is supported by Alliant Energy and its many caring customers, employees and shareowners. When you give to Hometown Care, your donation goes directly to your neighbors in need, with funds administered by local community action programs.